This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

3.02.2012

Youth Activities

If you are needing an activity that will be a hit with the 16-18 year olds...try speed- dating.
Our church youth were invited by another group to do this last fall and we had so much fun we decided to do it again with 2 different groups. 
It takes some planning to find a group that can have both their young men and women participate.
I think it adds to the mystery and fun if you can find another high school area to include.
You also want to have about the same YM and YW.

 I teamed up with my sister in law, Carol,  and my friend Shawni.
Carol's group set-up at their church building with long tables and chairs and provided the "MC" 
and the general format of the evening.

Shawni's group made the longer drive (25 minutes) and she
 made these amazing chocolate chip cookie cups with reeses in the middle.  
They were amazing.

Our group was over the beverage so we did an Italian Soda Bar. 



The roll of the dice determined how many spots to move.
With a smaller group I would just have everyone rotate one...so that they all meet.
(We had about 60+ youth and did not want it to go all night)







 This guy came prepared.  If the conversation got tough he had a back up plan.




Here is the format I liked and some sample questions that could be used.

_________________________________________________________________________________


.....another activity I did to help build friendships and unity among our Laurel class :
We had one girl sit on a chair in front of a 
white board while the others wrote a positive phrase about them.  
They could not peek at what was being written.  It was fun to watch
the smiles on all their faces as they shared what they loved about each other.
 I took a picture and gave it to them in another lesson-- a few weeks later.
This can be a hard age for girls.  It was my hope that this activity will provide a reminder of
 the positive and sweet influence they are for others.